Want to start earlier than 6:00 a.m.? We can do that.
Racers at the Bear Lake Marathon races are welcome to take an early start. We know there are several reasons for that – get out of the sun, you’re a walker not a runner, you have a plane to catch, etc., etc. And we’re cool with that. If you want to start your marathon early, all you need to do is check in with the Bear Lake Marathon staff member at the start line and we’ll record your bib number and early start time. Then you’re off and on your way.
Here’s how it works.
- Early start runners are NOT covered by our insurance policy until the race officially begins.
- Early start runners should be prepared to carry their own fuel and hydration for the first part of the race. Aid stations and event staff will be scheduled according to the official start times and may not be in place for early start participants.
- Early start runners are responsible for their own transportation to the start line before the race. Extra Mile Racing will NOT provide rides to the start line before or after the race.
- Early start runners should wear highly reflective clothing and a head lamp.
- Early start runners will have their finish times marked with an asterisk to indicate the runner started early.
- Early start runners are NOT eligible for prizes.